Select the Magic Events you want to use for your Custom Segment.
This step is crucial for powerful segmentation. The smarter the events you choose, the more targeted your custom segments will be. Start with the goal you’re trying to achieve with your segmentation. Do you want to recover lost visitors, upsell existing customers, or give shoppers that last push to buy?
Choose the action that best defines this segment. Oribi's Magic Events technology will automatically group buttons or pages by the action they perform. This means you can group buttons by label or by the link they send a visitor to, as well as exclude certain buttons. This is the time to get creative and find the most meaningful actions.
Export your events to Mailchimp.
Once you have Mailchimp and Oribi connected
, you’ll simply choose the Magic Events you want to export under Manage Exported Events > Export Event
in your Oribi account.
The display name you choose defines how your exported event will be labeled in Mailchimp.
Build a Custom Segment.
Once the event is performed, Mailchimp will detect it. If you don’t want to wait for the next visitor, you can just perform the event yourself to trigger the export.
To build a Custom Segment in Mailchimp:
1. Navigate to the Audience tab in your Mailchimp account.
If you have more than one audience, click the Current audience drop-down and choose the one you want to work with.
2. Click View Contacts > New Segment.
3. From the dropdown, click App Engagement and then choose your custom event and if you want to include people if the event occurred, has not occurred or occurred at a specific time.
If you select more than one condition for your Custom Segment, make sure you select whether your Contacts should match all or any of the conditions.
4. Give your new segment a descriptive name and click Save.
Step 4: Send campaigns to your new Custom Segment.
To send a campaign to the newly created segment:
1. Navigate to the Automate tab, choose Email, and select if you want to send a Regular, Automated, Plain Text, or A/B Test email.
2. Follow the instructions on the screen and click Begin.
3. In the email settings, choose Segment or Tab to select your newly created segment.
4. Continue in the Campaign Builder.
When building your email campaigns, make sure to add UTMs to your links. This will allow you to track the success of your emails beyond open and click rates and evaluate performance based on the goals on your website. Read more about UTMs here