At Oribi, we turn huge amounts of website traffic and events into valuable knowledge for our customers. It’s all about data and how fast we can make the best of it. We are looking for a Big Data developer to join our team, leveraging our infrastructure to support the rapid increase in scale.
What makes this opportunity so BIG ?
You will be the first (!) Big Data Developer, joining our talented dev team, designing and working on large scale infrastructure that handles millions of events daily and thousands of active customer sessions per second.
We are a small, fast-growing startup where everybody has a huge impact on the company. You will be part of our unique DNA, with hand-picked, bright, and dedicated minds, who challenge convention and push the future of web analytics.
What will a day as Oribi's Big Data dev look like ?
- Leading the design of Oribi’s core infrastructure to make our flow performing better with the growing scale, using advanced solutions and tools.
- Improving the end-to-end system performance of the data flow, across more than hundreds of components of our infrastructure at AWS: java / node JS based microservices (all on top of K8s), multiple DBs types, Data streaming platforms (Kafka, Debezium..) and more.
- Working within a high-paced, agile environment, open minded to improvements and creativity-thinking approach for solving complicated challenges.
- Advising the team with the design of the best DB infrastructure and data streaming strategy for future growth and scalability.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, Information Systems Technology or Computer Science
- Excellent Back End Programming Skills using Java or NodeJS
- 5+ years proven experience with Big Data development
- Experience with AWS cloud environment
- Deep knowledge with SQL and NoSQL databases. – PostgreSQL, mySql, Athena, CouchBase, ELK, Redis, DynamoDB, Druid …
- Experience with Message brokers – Kafka
- Experience with Spark
- Strong analytical skills
- Contribute to the team spirit with good vibes, and a sense of humor :)
Bonus points for:
- Experience with designing and implementing solutions for large scale data systems.
- Experience with data science and modelling (Statistical and ML)
Come join us!
Contact us at email@example.com